Changes to HCU Credit Cards
Credit Card Conversion Complete
On August 19, 2023, we converted to a new credit card processor to ensure we offer our members the highest quality financial services available. Soon, credit cardholders will benefit from enhanced features and services, including streamlined credit card management from inside HCU Digital Banking, new rewards for Diamond Awards Visa cardholders, industry-leading fraud detection, and more. One thing that won’t change is 24/7 credit card support, making sure you have access to the resources you need anytime, anywhere. It’s the Heartland Way.
What You Need to Know
Seamless Card Management
Shortly after the conversion, instead of using a separate app to manage your credit card, you will be able to do the same tasks inside of HCU Digital Banking.
HCU Personal and Business Credit Cards
Dates to Know
- After 5 p.m. central, MyCardRules will no longer support HCU credit cards. After the conversion, you will be able to seamlessly manage your credit card inside HCU Digital Banking instead of having to log in to a separate app. Stay tuned for more information!
- After 5 p.m. central, 360Control will not be available to business users until August 21.
- History will NOT be migrated to the new platform, so be sure to download any history and/or reports you will need following the conversion. For assistance, please call 800.428.8472 ext. 462.
August 18-Sept 5
- Diamond Awards site will be unavailable.
- Although you cannot access the site, you will continue earning points for all of your purchases.
- Your points will be migrated to the new Your Rewards site (the replacement for the Diamond Awards site).
- MyCardRules no longer supports HCU credit cards, and credit card features in HCU Digital Banking will not be available for a short time following the conversion.
- As of August 22, transactions and payments have been restored inside Digital Banking.
- Soon, alerts and controls will be located inside HCU Digital banking instead of having to log in to MyCardRules in a separate app.
- Businesses utilizing 360Control can log in to the new platform.
- Your username will stay the same, but you will need to create a new password upon first login.
- The Your Rewards site will be available to members to replace the Diamond Awards site.
- Your points will be migrated to the new Your Rewards site.
- You will access the Your Rewards site in the same location as the Diamond Awards site inside HCU Digital Banking.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, HCU will not issue new credit cards for this conversion, so your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV will remain the same.
Yes, if you had created spending limits, users and location controls, or alert preferences in the MyCardRules app, you will need to recreate those in HCU Digital Banking following the conversion. Instead of having to log in to a separate app, you will be able to seamlessly manage your credit card inside HCU Digital Banking:
- ONLINE In the menu, click Cards and select MyCardInfo in the dropdown
- MOBILE In the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, click More
- Select Card then click MyCardInfo in the dropdown
Yes, if you are currently enrolled for eStatements, you will need to re-enroll following the conversion process.
The last day you can access your credit card in the MyCardRules app is August 18, but you will have access to past Visa credit card statements inside HCU Digital Banking.
Business credit card 360Control users, history will NOT be migrated to the new 360Control platform, so be sure to download any history and/or reports you will need by 5 p.m. on August 18. For assistance downloading content from 360Control, please call 800.428.8472 ext. 462.
No, your payment date will remain the same.
Yes, credit cards will cycle on the 1st day of the month and statements will be mailed shortly thereafter or available in HCU Digital Banking.
No, if you have an automatic payment set up, it will continue following the conversion.
No, if you use your credit card to automatically pay recurring bills (i.e. electric, cable, insurance) or subscriptions (Netflix, Duolingo, HelloFresh) you will not have to update these recurring transactions with merchants.
No, your points will be migrated to the new Your Rewards site, and you will continue accruing points throughout the conversion process.
The new Your Rewards site will be accessible in the same location as the Diamond Awards site inside HCU Digital Banking.
Yes! Beginning September 5, you will have the option to choose statement credit as a reward. There will also be a new catalog to choose travel, gift cards, merchandise, and donation redemption options.
Feel free to call us at 800.428.8472, stop by your local branch, or video chat via Heartland Connections if you have any questions. We’re here to help!