Let us be your guide.
Buying your first home
- Affordability takes expenses like taxes, insurance, utilities and maintenance into consideration.
- Your HCU Real Estate Loan Consultant is trained to find the proper price range for your budget.
A 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is the most popular, but isn’t ideal for everyone. We offer a variety of options, including fixed-rate loans from 10-30 years, five and 10-year adjustable-rate loans, bridge loans and new construction loans. Your Real Estate Loan Consultant will help you find the best financing option.
Once a price is agreed upon, you’ll make an earnest money deposit to let the seller know you’re serious. The deposit will be credited to you at closing on your closing disclosure.
Your Real Estate Loan Consultant will need a copy of your contract and you’ll sign loan disclosures to get the loan process started.
After those are completed you’re ready for the home appraisal, termite inspection and optional whole-home inspection.
At closing: Wire the funds or bring a certified cashier’s check for the funds due from you. These funds include closing costs and down payment. Let your Real Estate Lending Consutant know if you wish to set up automatic payments, or you can transfer payments online at hcu.coop.
- Let your Real Estate Loan Consultant know immediately of any financial changes or potential issues.
- Tell us immediately if you get a new job at your current workplace or a new workplace.
- Avoid large credit card purchases, new credit cards and new loans.